Monday, April 12, 2010

Just waiting

Day after day goes by, and all I do is wait. What am I waiting for? Well, there are so many things, really.
  1. Waiting for graduation and all the happiness/anxiety/freedom that comes with that.
  2. Waiting for us to find a new place to live.
  3. Waiting for us to sell our house.
  4. Waiting for me to feel like a real doctor, although I'm not sure when or if that day will ever come.
  5. Waiting to see if I can be a wife, mom, and intern all at the same time. And more importantly, can I do them all at the same time and do them well.
  6. Waiting for my real life to begin.
  7. Waiting to see if my car will last another few years, or if I should take my dad up on his deal.
  8. Waiting to see what new pregnancy-related symptoms will be next.
  9. Waiting for this exhaustion to finally go away. It seems like it's been a long time since I've actually felt like I had anything resembling energy.
  10. Waiting for my licensure to finally go through.
But the most important thing that I'm waiting for...is the baby. And what that will mean to Keith and I as we start the next, exciting chapter of our life. It is so thrilling to share this with him. I can't wait to find out the sex of our baby (two more weeks!). I can't wait for Keith to feel the baby move and kick. I can't wait for us to meet this little one. I can't wait for all the love, stress, frustration, and joy we will share with this new little creature. (although I could probably do without the stress and frustration, but let's be real...those will be there whether I want them to or not).

For a girl who is often anxious, and who self-proclaims how much she hates change...here is a change I look forward to. Yeah, I still get nervous and sometimes scared. I worry that this will put a lot of stress on Keith and my relationship. I worry that I will be a sucktastic mom. I worry that the baby will know this and hate me for it. But most of the time, I am joyful that this adventure is something to share and embrace with my soulmate. Who knew change could be so good?

No comments: