1. The Decorations. They were so great! Everything was so gosh darn cute. I loved the baby shower sign and streamers. And the very creative baby gate across the front door. Very multi-purpose. Cute baby-themed decoration and interesting obstacle for those guests who decided to wear skirts. Hee hee!
3. The Food. How can I be me, especially a pregnant me, and not think about food!?! It was yummy, but more importantly also baby-themed. And no, we did not
4. The Games. I am usually not a big game person. Especially forced social games. But these were so super fun! My favorite games? "Chocolate Poop Diapers" and "Guess Liz's Circumference". Wanna know how to play? Of course you do, because all the cool kids are doing it!
"Guess Liz's Circumference" was a great one too. Everyone got to cut a piece of ribbon to the circumference they thought I was. This may be one of the few times that I am okay with other people sizing up my belly area. I admit I was apprehensive at first, as growing in size is not normally such a positive thing. But
it was definitely lots of fun, especially seeing how close (and how off) people were. Most people were pretty darn close, although there were a few that probably estimated me at the end of pregnancy (or with triplets...giant triplets).
5. The Embarrassing Moments. Yup, I am saying it. Even when I was embarrassed it was fun. That's what helped made this shower so memorable. Besides the circumference thing, it was little things. Like the necklace I had to wear. Seriously, the Desitin packet scratched the heck outta my neck. Which is ironic. (Or coincidental. Whatever. Ever since that Alanis Morresette song I really don't know the definition of that word!).
And the "make Liz be blindfolded and palpate stuff" was embarrassing too. Nothing like trusting your friends when you are blindfolded and getting stuff placed into your hands to feel up. I did surprisingly well, although some of it was super hard to figure out. But again, lots of fun!
6. The Gifts. I would be lying if I said these didn't matter. Or I totally turned into another person. But I haven't and I'm not lying either. The thoughtfulness and usefulness of these gifts are going to be so helpful in the new adventures of baby. I
The thoughtfulness really was heartfelt, and that will always mean so much more than the material stuff. So in the end, why was this baby shower so fantabulous? It was all the friendship and love that I felt for myself, Keith, and our little poppy seed. We are so lucky for so many reasons, and this was just a beautiful reminder of that.
*That's right. It's French. I think. Who knows, but it adds some class, dontcha think?
**Be careful when making these. We were able to see the first experimental diaper. Let's just say there was no actual flames in the microwave, but the diaper did look burnt. Hee hee!
No comments:
Post a Comment