Saturday, May 15, 2010

Good Eats of WSU - Ferdinands!


How is it possible that we have lived here for so long (9 years total...to be sadly exact) AND love ice cream AND I have a blog where I love to post about food; but have never posted about the best place ever?!? It seems impossible, but it has happened.

What am I talking about? Don't worry, this question is often asked. And I will tell you...this time. I am talking about the WSU Creamery piece of heaven called Ferdinand's. It is this cute ice cream shoppe (yup, so cute it's spelled all weird) on the WSU campus, and attached to the Creamery where they
make world famous cheese. It is so popular that they ship it around the country. Gotta love Coug Gold cheese. The mere mention of Coug Gold will yeild one of two reactions: 1) you know what this is and are drooling right now (or) 2) you have no idea what this is, but part of your heart is sad because you are missing out.

So back to Ferdinand's. They have the best ice cream. Period. There cannot be any argument about this. And there doesn't need to be. If you argue against this, then I know you have never had any Ferdinand's ice cream. Classic favorites
include: chocolate peanut butter, tin lizzy, and mint chocolate chip. Seasonal yums: pumpkin, lemon chiffon.

Why is this ice cream so special? First, they make it there. So it is fresh. And creamy, none of this low-fat/fro-yo stuff. Second, you can get them as Grabbers. What is a Grabber? A scoop of glorious ice cream squished between two fantastic oatmeal cookies. Therefore, it is the best ice cream sandwich ever!

So this post totally sounds like an advertisement* for Ferdinand's. It's really not meant to. Really this is me reminiscing, and realizing that soon I will not be able to have this tasty treat for much longer. And how will Poppy Seed ever know the glory that is a lemon chiffon waffle cone on a hot summer's day? Maybe it is better to never know, to never suffer. Who am I kidding?!? Better to love and then lost, then never have loved at all.**









*Please read this in a British accent. It makes the blog classier.
**I'm pretty sure this quote is about ice cream. Isn't it?

No comments: