Yea for spicy foods!! Now that I can eat pretty much whatever, I am enjoying all kinds of food again. It was definitely a strange event early in this pregnancy when Taco Del Mar burritos were too spicy for me. Seriously, it made me sad and brought a tear to my ear (also because it was so hot!). But now my taste buds are back to normal, and we are back to trying new places.
There is a cute new place in town called Abeulo's Fine Mexican Restaurant. Now we have been reluctant to try it, especially since it was in the old Taco Bell. That just doesn't bode well for Mexican food. But some friends tried it and liked it, so we thought we'd give it a go.
Good thing we did! The food was yummy, the place was cute, the staff was super friendly! The favorite part was the salsa bar. They had seven different types of salsa that we could try, ranging from super mild to crazy hot. This is not including the normal salsa and chips they give you. So really, there were eight kinds of salsa to sample! And they had freshly made corn tortillas - all included with the meal!
I started with the more mild stuff and Keith ventured into the hotter stuff. The mild stuff had such great flavor, but very little zip. The hotter stuff was a great mixture of flavor and spice. Finally we both tried the hottest salsa. This is the salsa that the waiter (and maybe owner?) said that he couldn't handle. That definitely scared us. Let's put it this way: I swear I tried the equivalent of three molecules of this stuff...and my tongue let me know that those three molecules were screaming hot!
No comments:
Post a Comment