Monday, July 27, 2009

Country Signs

As a budding photographer, I am learning to try and capture with my camera what I see with my little eye. It's definitely not easy, but it is lots of fun! On our recent drive around the Palouse, I saw a bunch of great old signs that needed to be captured on digital film. It was amazing to see all these great signs, especially the painted ones. These are actually pretty common in the area, even though I don't tend to see them on the westside. In fact, after our trip I realized there a few we pass all the time in town that I just stopped noticing. Sad to take for granted such great artwork.


The first sign (Lentil Producer) is my absolute favorite picture! I am so proud of it. We were driving along a backroad in the middle of wheat fields (yup, not lentil fields*) and I saw it on the side of a building attached to a grain tower. I yelled out for Keith to turn in, and he made a sudden turn. I jumped out of the car to take the picture. It turned out terrific and I am so happy that my little photographer eye saw it. By the way, be warned: there will be more pictures on this bloggy. I love my camera and am really trying to learn to take better pictures. But hopefully it won't be too overwhelming and will add to my blogging posts. And let me know what you think of these photos via the comments section!


*After living for so long in the Palouse, I can finally tell the difference between wheat fields and lentil fields. And I know different breeds of cows. And I enjoy country music. Take it as you will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the signs! What a fun Blog. :)

Keep it comin! Miss you...