Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Special Thanks

This week has been a crazy hectic one. Keith and I have been stressing about...well, everything: packing, moving, selling our house, finding a new place, figuring out Keith's work situation, and of course all the unexpected surprises with the lemon poppy seed.*

We have started packing and working on some of our anxiety-driven to-do list. But it's been hard to be super productive during the week, as Keith and I both have to work. And I get tired pretty quickly (actually, extremely quickly!), so my new bedtime is around 9pm. Pretty early, especially for this night owl!

Thankfully my dad came out this week to give us a much needed hand. He painted all the rest of the kitchen, which included all the cabinets and drawers. Keith's mom, Beth, had painted the walls a while ago. The thought was that I would finish up the kitchen. But since I'm always tired and am not supposed to be around those paint fumes, that plan had to be scrapped. So my dad came to the rescue! We are so lucky to have such a wonderfully supportive family.**

Now the kitchen looks fantastic and much more finished. The extra bonus: we got to celebrate his birthday together! His birthday present this year was a DVD (Rockford Files...I used to dance to the theme song when I was little) and a WSU Grampa t-shirt. His birthday dinner was at the wonderful Tokyo Seoul, where I was allowed to have some California sushi. Thanks FuPo!



*In my 14th week, the baby is the size of a lemon. So the new temporary name naturally has to be lemon poppy seed, the same name as my favorite scone!
**This includes all of our wonderful friends, who have been nothing but encouraging as we learn to grow-up.

No comments: