1. Blaming my baby for things: Like wanting ice cream. Or when I lose my Cougar Card...for the second (or was it third) time in a week.
2. Speaking of ice cream, I lov that ice cream is a good source of calcium. And that I need calcium. So the logical argument is: I need calcium. Ice cream is a good source of calcium. Therefore, I need ice cream.
3. Reading books, websites, and other stuff all baby-related. And skipping the scary sections, such as labor and birth defects. Scary stuff. But I like the happy stuff, like knowing their heart rate (range is the same as a cat's), when their ductus arteriosus closes (a few days after birth - I knew I heard a murmur at the ultrasound!).
4. Being done with my senior paper and internship applications. Now I can focus on other things: my research project, my case report, and sleeping.
5. Olympic curling. I am sad that it's over and can only hope curling gets more ESPN coverage.
6. Ultrasounds! I don't really love doing them, but love getting them...so far.
7. Being back home after a month away and spending time with my husband.
8. The twinkle in his eye when I remind him (like he forgets!) that I am pregnant.
9. Standing barefoot in the kitchen. (Think about it...) It cracks me up! Of course Keith said this was how it should be. I kicked him in the behind, literally. Good thing he was laughing when he said it!
10. La Casa Lopez in Moscow, ID. While it won't compare with the Mexican food we had in Tucson, they do serve a decent tamale. And apparently some good margaritas...so I've heard.
11. Being able to eat Mexican food again! So far, no more morning sickness and no more heartburn with spicy food. I can't believe there was a time when I found Taco Del Mar spicy. Sad, sad day.
12. Lists. Okay, this isn't a new thing. Just be glad I haven't figured out how to do charts on this blog...yet.
13. Nicknames people have for the baby (and me):
a. Poppy seed - keith & liz
b. Chicken Wing or CW - brynne
c. Critter - jenny
d. Leon - sam
e. Preggo (for me) - john, knappster, and burien vet hospital
2. Speaking of ice cream, I lov that ice cream is a good source of calcium. And that I need calcium. So the logical argument is: I need calcium. Ice cream is a good source of calcium. Therefore, I need ice cream.
3. Reading books, websites, and other stuff all baby-related. And skipping the scary sections, such as labor and birth defects. Scary stuff. But I like the happy stuff, like knowing their heart rate (range is the same as a cat's), when their ductus arteriosus closes (a few days after birth - I knew I heard a murmur at the ultrasound!).
4. Being done with my senior paper and internship applications. Now I can focus on other things: my research project, my case report, and sleeping.
5. Olympic curling. I am sad that it's over and can only hope curling gets more ESPN coverage.
6. Ultrasounds! I don't really love doing them, but love getting them...so far.
7. Being back home after a month away and spending time with my husband.
8. The twinkle in his eye when I remind him (like he forgets!) that I am pregnant.
9. Standing barefoot in the kitchen. (Think about it...) It cracks me up! Of course Keith said this was how it should be. I kicked him in the behind, literally. Good thing he was laughing when he said it!
10. La Casa Lopez in Moscow, ID. While it won't compare with the Mexican food we had in Tucson, they do serve a decent tamale. And apparently some good margaritas...so I've heard.
11. Being able to eat Mexican food again! So far, no more morning sickness and no more heartburn with spicy food. I can't believe there was a time when I found Taco Del Mar spicy. Sad, sad day.
12. Lists. Okay, this isn't a new thing. Just be glad I haven't figured out how to do charts on this blog...yet.
13. Nicknames people have for the baby (and me):
a. Poppy seed - keith & liz
b. Chicken Wing or CW - brynne
c. Critter - jenny
d. Leon - sam
e. Preggo (for me) - john, knappster, and burien vet hospital
No comments:
Post a Comment