Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baby FAQ - The Addendum

That's right...we are adding to our hip baby-related FAQ! Here we answer some new FAQs that we have recently come across. If your question appears on this FAQ...well, you know what you did.

1.
Are you excited?
Yes. Seriously. For real, for serious, fo' sho'. We are super, duper, awesomely excited. There was dancing and celebration (And there was much rejoicing. Yea!). But we are less excited to be constantly asked if we are excited.

2. What is the strangest response to the pregnancy announcement?
Applause. (But no standing ovation - tough crowd!)

3. What was the best response to the pregnancy announcement?
About three minutes of screaming through the phone.

4. Does Keith have a job when you move?
We are working on it. We hope to have this worked out soon.

5. Is Keith okay being the stay-at-home parent?
Heck yes! He is excited for the challenge/opportunity/insanity that is being a stay-at-home parent. And btw, please don't call him Mr. Mom. First of all, I am the Mom. Second, what is this...the 1950's?!? Please join us in the 21st century. Welcome to world of tomorrow!

6.
How are you going to manage internship and having a baby?
Please see previous comment, made from the 21st century. We may not have flying cars (yet!), but we do have this thing called equality. Just an FYI. Actually my internship will last a little longer, so I can take some time off when the baby arrives. Hooray!

7. Any cravings yet?
Yes. Oh wait...you mean related to pregnancy. Not really anything different from normal cravings. Except for cashews or peanuts. Don't ask, but I am loving them right now. But I think it's too early to say there won't be in the future.

I do like to say the following to get what I want: "It's the baby who wants _________ (ice cream, pizza, cookies, etc)." This usually elicits an eye-roll from Keith.

8. Rumor has it that Liz has pregnancy brain (ie. no memory), is it true?
Look here...I have always been kinda flaky, but to say such a thing is...wait, what are we talking about?!*

9. How far along are you?
Please see the cute little side-bar gadget on this bloggy that tells you. It took me a while to find one that I liked that didn't have a floating sea-monkey.

10. Has Liz had any symptoms?
In short: yup. Please see previous FAQ for full response.

11. Do you want a girl or a boy?
I never thought this was a legit answer, but here it is as I'm living it: We just hope the baby is healthy. This baby is a gift and we only want him/her to be healthy and happy.

That being said, there are many precautions we are taking. I now call Keith my "FuPo"**, as in Food Police. He let's me know what I can/cannot consume. I am also no longer holding for radiographs and being careful around anesthesia (no more huffing...sad, I know. Actually, anesthetic gas gives me a headache. Don't ask how I know that).

Thank you for reading the updated FAQ. Please keep your questions coming, and we will try (or not) to answer them in a timely (and sarcastic) manner.


*No seriously. If you happen to see Liz's Cougar Card, please return it to her. She has lost it. Again.
**Pronounced Foo-Poh. Rhymes with Uh-Oh.

No comments: