This past summer I spent some time in Tucson for an externship at my old work place, Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson. I loved it! It was fantastic to see Dr. Gores and Dr. Boulay again, and to meet Dr. Shields. They are such fantastic clinicians. Not only was it great to see all the doctors and staff I used to work with, but it was so much fun learning.
*This is Dr. Boulay wearing his infamous flame scrubs to celebrate my last day working at VSCT (2006) before I went off to vet school.
It is amazing how 3+ years of intensive medical training makes you understand stuff that I never did before. The doctors and technicians were so generous to allow me to ask questions, observe, and scrub in to whatever surgery I wanted. It really enforced what I want to be when I grow-up to be a doctor: a strong clinician who is able to communicate and motivate, who practices excellent medicine and fantastic surgeries. I was definitely motivated after visiting VSCT!
Overall my trip to Tucson was a great reminder of what lays in my future, working hard to become a great doctor who has the blessings of supportive family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment