I have been going through some of our photos from our recent trips and realized I haven't blogged about some really great places that we visited. Especially some of the restaurants that we went to while at Seaside. Can you tell I'm totally a foodie? And while we may not go back for a while, we really found some great places. So let's go down memory food lane...yum!
We also walked around the Boardwalk of Seaside, window-shopping and just being touristy. And when we saw the elephant ears, we had to have some! After all, what is more memorable from goofing off as kids at a fun place than yummy elephant ears? And the place we found drizzled all kinds of yummy toppings; of course Keith chose chocolate! I had strawberry jam with confectioner's sugar: yummy and enough sugar to keep me shopping for hours. Poor Keith!
What else did we do? We found the only Bayou restaurant in Seaside, which is creatively called Lil' Bayou. And of course we had to eat there. Wearing fake Mardi Gras beads (note: Keith chose the red beads to go with his Coug shirt). Drinking sweet tea, which I had never had before. It's actually pretty good, and maybe someday I'll learn how to make it. So if anyone has a good recipe, feel free to send it my way!
And don't worry, Keith isn't eating all that food...the yummy one in the bread bowl is mine (note: I am wearing blue beads, after Keith switched them for the purple beads I had originally. Purple beads + yellow shirt = a big no no*). I have to admit I was kinda nervous to try this famously spicy food, but since it was in a restaurant I think they made it kinda mild. I only had to drink a few glasses of sweet tea to make it through dinner. I mean, Keith didn't even break into a sweat...so I know it wasn't that authentic.
And don't worry, Keith isn't eating all that food...the yummy one in the bread bowl is mine (note: I am wearing blue beads, after Keith switched them for the purple beads I had originally. Purple beads + yellow shirt = a big no no*). I have to admit I was kinda nervous to try this famously spicy food, but since it was in a restaurant I think they made it kinda mild. I only had to drink a few glasses of sweet tea to make it through dinner. I mean, Keith didn't even break into a sweat...so I know it wasn't that authentic.
Geez, it sounds like we just eat on vacation...but really we do much more. I mean, look at my other blog postings! The thing is that I love to take food pictures, especially of really good food. And even more of places with really good food and cute fake jewelry!
*For those who don't know: the colors of UW, the hated rivals of the beloved WSU Cougars, are yellow and purple.
No comments:
Post a Comment