Sunday, November 1, 2009

Goooooaaaaallll



We went to our first Seattle Sounders game.  (Go Sounders!!)  Three words describe it: It was awesome.  Even before the game there was so many Sounders fans in the super bright green jerseys, carrying flags, and just generally in great moods.  We got so into the spirit that we needed to get some Sounders gear to show our support.



Once we got into the XBox Pitch at Qwest Field, we got free Sounders decals for our cars.  Sweet!  Plus we signed a petition to try and get World Cup to Seattle*.  When asked if we would sign, I responded "Hell yeah!"  We got to walk through the luxury suite area, where there were the fancy concession stands and security people everywhere.



Then we found our cushy stadium seats with a great view.  I really got into the game, missing how much fun it was to play and watch.  I was so into the game the entire 90 minutes, it went so quickly!



The atmosphere was fantastic, with people chanting and everyone keeping their comments clean for all the kids watching too.  We loved the crazy fan section, who led all the chants for the entire game.  They even brought their own section banner!  The Sounders have their own band, which really rocked.



And my favorite part...the confetti and fireworks when the Sounders scored.  Fun and pretty!



It was so much fun, and we had a great time.  I hope we get to go to more games in the future, it was the BEST professional sporting event I have ever gone too!  I can't wait to go back...Go Sounders!

*Feel free to sign the petition to bring World Cup to the USA!  Yea soccer!

No comments: